CMO 122: First Saturday Devotion: What is it?

 


The Heart Behind the Devotion

The First Saturday Devotion isn’t meant to be complicated or burdensome. It’s meant to be:

  • A monthly moment of peace
  • A way to repair the wounds of sin in the world
  • A practice that draws us closer to Jesus through Mary
  • A gentle rhythm of prayer, reflection, and spiritual renewal

It’s not about perfection. It’s about intention and love.

What are the requirements for First Saturday Devotion?

The Four Requirements of the First Saturday Devotion (Fatima)

To fulfill the First Saturday Devotion as requested by Our Lady of Fatima, a person completes four acts, done with the intention of making reparation to the Immaculate Heart of Mary.

1. Confession

  • Confession should be made within 8 days before or after the First Saturday.
  • The key is the intention: offering the confession in reparation to Mary’s Immaculate Heart.

2. Receive Holy Communion

  • Communion must be received on the First Saturday itself.
  • Again, the intention is reparation.

3. Pray the Rosary

  • Pray five decades of the Rosary.
  • This is done on the First Saturday.

4. 15-minute meditation

  • Spend 15 minutes meditating on one or more mysteries of the Rosary.
  • This is in addition to praying the Rosary.
  • It can be done quietly, privately, or in a group.

Common Questions People Ask

  • Do all four things have to be done on the same day? Only Communion, the Rosary, and the meditation must be done on Saturday. Confession can be within 8 days.
  • What if I forget to make the intention? You can renew the intention afterward. God sees the heart.
  • Can the meditation be done at home? Yes. It can be done anywhere — church, home, outdoors, in silence.
  • Can I meditate on the same mystery every month? Absolute

This N' That: Carlos on the Move! (September 5, 2026)

01 This heat and humidity. Ugh! But yes, praise God. It's still his story. I trust in Him.
02 The Oklahoma State Cowboys open the college football season at Chapman Stadium versus the Tulsa Golden Hurricane. Go Pokes!
03 I have been using Meta Ai to create various images of myself as a watercolor and cartoon character to use on various projects. Some I like. Others, I be like ... meh! (LOL).
04 One of my cousins from southern California called me during the week. She made my day. Thanks cousin!
05 I read a brief article listing five (5) reasons why we elderly should not fully retire. Listen, I was willing to work. I searched for eight years (2017-2025)before filing for early retirement--eight years! I even applied for seasonal and customer service positions at stores like Walmart, Target, the Halloween store, and Michael's and despite readjusting my resume I don't know how many times a  notification always came back saying, "We have decided to look at more qualified candidates." "What!?" I asked myself. "How qualified do I need to be to say 'Thank you for shopping at Walmart?'" 

In Oklahoma State’s recent 24–10 loss to the Tulsa Golden Hurricane, one frustrated fan summed up his feelings bluntly: “That was a total waste of money spent — twenty million dollars.” His point was simple: Morris and his staff couldn’t deliver a win in their debut. My take? Give them a chance. This was their first real test — the kind of game that shows you what you didn’t know, exposes what needs fixing, and gives you the blueprint for growth. Next week against the Oregon Ducks won’t be easy, but even tough games can become turning points. There’s only one direction to go from here — up.

Until next time ...










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CMO 121: In The Fog But Not Lost.

CMO 112: Short Story: The Journal and the Esay: A short story about friendship, humility, and service.

CMO 103: "The Christmas Joshua Found Again"