CMO 120: Here's What Is Next!

 


What's Next!?

In Thursday's "CMO 119" titled "What's Next?" I attempted to answer the question of what happens next now that the awards are over, my son is out of the house, my friends are on paths not lined up with mine, I am retired, unemployed (can I be both?), and have no money save for what the $400 per month, my family is on the "left" coast and I am about to drown in debt.

You may ask, "Why in the world would you share that!?"

Well, because it is true!

But here is the kicker -- it's okay, but it's not okay. 

It's not okay because when I was but a wee lad, I should have listened, planned, and acted better. Wait! Unless you are a young saint, most youngsters aren't going to quote "do the right thing all of the time."

Not an excuse. Never should be. Just sayin'.

Truth be told, 'I am where I am because I am a goof, punk, idiot, proud arrogant clod' who tried so hard to be somebody that he remained a nobody.

The Good News ... and this is where Jesus is key ... we are all somebody to the Lord otherwise He would not have died on the cross for us because of His love for us. So, while I may be a nobody to me, I am somebody not just to the Lord but to those who chose to love, befriend, or know me.

And that makes my present situation okay because as long as I have Christ, faith, Church, love, family, and friends -- I will always be somebody and that is all that matters in the end.

What's next is holding onto my joy, trusting the Lord's plan, listening to His call, and moving forward as I age out of life knowing that I did my best, gave my all, loved with the courage of a lion, and never stopped looking back.

How about you? What is next for you?
--
Short Stories:

I wasn't certain what to do with myself this morning, so, I decided to throw on a pair of my favorite white rugby shorts and tennis shoes. Then I went outside and mowed the front and back yards (just in case it rains). That took my mind off of things, for a while. Now, here I am again at 2:09 PM wondering what to do next.

With the assistance of Microsoft Copilot, I finally managed to finish two short 10-chapter stories that I had started writing back in the early 2000s. I doubt these stories will rise to fame or become a published book or Hollywood blockbuster, but at least they are finally finished.
--
Quick Prayer:

When you are short on time and want to speak with God, try this prayer: "Your Heart to my heart; my heart to Your Heart. Your Grace to my soul; my soul to Your Grace. Your Mercy to my sins; my sins to Your Mercy. Amen."
--
Quote:

"I am no longer comfortable being who I was. I look forward to being who I have been called to be (today)."


One Week Ago, Today!

It is hard to believe (and I don't know why we say that), that one week ago today, from 12 Noon to 9:00 PM, we were getting The Property Event Center set up and prepared for the 2026 Carlos Michael Teresa-Rogers Good Neighbor CANO Awards which was held the next day (Saturday, August 15, 2026). Word has it this may be the final Good Neighbor Awards. The reason: Lack of sponsors, volunteers, financing, and actual interest in the awards. It's amazing how much changes in a week's time.

Business Update:

The Carlos Michael Wix website along with several other business applications has been cancelled as of Monday, August 17, 2026. The Wix website will revert to the "free" version until the account is cancelled for good. As for Carlos Michael Communications Media, due to never really making it off the ground since its inception, the business will be shut down permanently.

How do I truly feel about all of this. I am experiencing a mixed bag of emotions ... emotions that began when my son was diagnosed in 2024 with schizophrenia. Perhaps even before that--I don't know. 

Doesn't matter.

I am not okay about it but I have no choice but to be okay with it. My choices are limited moving forward. My credit is teetering on the edge. All my income but $400 per month has dried up. I understand that I am not alone in this situation. Many others are experiencing this same unfortunate situation. For them, my heart hurts. For them, I am praying.

I realize this sounds like a contradiction or the antithesis of my opening entry, but I don't believe it is. It is the truth. The two are tethered together in an uneasy alliance. One wrong move either way and the peace implodes. Let us pray that isn't the case but I can tell you with a burdened heart that I am heartbroken, sad, and angry, however, I will not let those emotions define me moving forward.


Until next time, God Bless!

Carlos Michael



Comments

  1. I can't believe it has been a week since we were getting the Property Event Center ready for the awards. A lot has happened. I am sad that you have to let things go but I also know that your faith is strong and God will guide you and I will always pray for you brother.
    You definitely are someone to me and so many others brother!!
    God Bless You

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

CMO 121: In The Fog But Not Lost.

CMO 103: "The Christmas Joshua Found Again"

CMO 112: Short Story: The Journal and the Esay: A short story about friendship, humility, and service.