CMO 99: Personal Reflection.
Welcome
to Coffee Break: Sharing Life, Faith, and Friendship
Gathering
in Gratitude, Love, and Story
Hey
there, Coffee Breakers! Pull up a chair and settle in with your favorite cup,
because you’ve just entered what I like to call “the best virtual coffee shop
in America.” I hope your weekend was refreshing—whether you spent it in
laughter with friends, in the embrace of family, or quietly surrounded by the
beauty of nature. Most importantly, I hope you remembered to pause and connect
with God through prayer, feeling His presence in those little moments. That’s
what I did, and honestly, it was wonderful.
Let’s
Coffee Break!
--
Hello
again and welcome back to our Coffee Break Short Break. I’ll keep it quick,
precise, and on point so you can get on with your day, but I hope you’ll linger
for just a moment to share in this warmth.
Last
week brought its share of challenges, but the true reward came in the time I
spent with God—out in my backyard, beneath the open sky. It was perfection,
especially when my son Matthew joined me for those quiet, holy moments. And
speaking of blessings, my other son—God bless him—came to Mass with me for the
second time. He thinks he’s there to protect me, but I like to believe it’s the
Lord answering prayer, gently guiding his heart. Of course, don’t tell him
that! I want him to discover and love the Lord in his own time. Your prayers
are always appreciated.
The
community at Mass filled my heart yesterday. I wished I could run up and hug
everyone—especially those wonderful Sally Sisters. There’s something special
about that family, and I don’t always know why, but simply loving them is
reason enough.
Now,
let me share something my dear friend Leda, Choir Director at St. Thomas More
Tulsa, said that truly rocked my socks off. We were talking about that sacred
time back in 2017, during Holy Week, when Jesus invited me to return to Him. I
was in the middle of living far from grace, and yet, as Leda perfectly put it,
“He came to where I was.”
No
fuss. No big entrance. Jesus just quietly met me where I was, inviting me
back—through His Mother, whom I love, and through His Church, which I also
cherish. There was no judgment, no pointed fingers, not even a question. Just a
gentle invitation, and without hesitation, I said “Yes!” Since then, the love
and friendships I’ve gained have filled my life beyond measure.
I’m
reminded of the wisdom from someone I admire, Chris Stefanick, founder of Real
Life Catholic and the Anchor newsletter. In his “Daily Anchor: Lessons From A
Shuttle Car Driver,” (2025), he shares:
·
Be grateful! Every
moment, in every setting, is a gift. A man who spent 27 years in prison knows
that. It’s heartbreaking how often the rest of us forget—even me.
·
Wherever you find yourself is your mission field. It’s the place God sent you to
be a blessing. You’re not just a teacher, driver, parent, or anything
else—you’re a missionary of joy!
·
Never pass up an opportunity to ask someone about their story. I’m so grateful I asked; what a
gift it is to listen and connect.
I’m
always sharing my story, but now I want to hear yours. It doesn’t matter if
you’re Catholic, Protestant, somewhere in between, or just figuring out your
path. Let’s bring Christ to where you are, together. What’s your story?
Drop
me a line, open your heart—no judgment, just love.
My
email address is carlosmichaelcommunications@gmail.com
Until
next time—God bless, Coffee Breakers.
--
Thousand
Mile Walk
If I walked 1000 miles east of
Victorville, California, where would I be?
To
determine where you'd be if you walked 1000 miles east of Victorville,
California, let's break it down.
Victorville,
California is located in the Mojave Desert, San Bernardino County. If you walk
1000 miles east from Victorville, you'll cross into several states, including
Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas.
Here's
a rough estimate of your journey ¹:
- Starting
point: Victorville, California (34.5361° N, 117.2919° W)
- Direction:
East
- Distance:
1000 miles
After
walking 1000 miles east, you'd likely end up in the central or eastern part of
Texas or possibly in western Louisiana or southern Oklahoma, depending on the
exact route taken.
Some
possible locations could be ¹ ²:
- Cities:
- Amarillo,
Texas:
approximately 960 miles from Victorville
- Lubbock,
Texas:
approximately 970 miles from Victorville
- Wichita
Falls, Texas:
approximately 1000 miles from Victorville
- States:
- Texas
(likely in the northwestern, western, or central regions)
- Possibly
Oklahoma or Louisiana, depending on the route
Keep
in mind that walking 1000 miles east from Victorville would require a
significant amount of time and planning. You'd need to consider factors like
terrain, climate, roads, and accommodations along the way ².
Sources
1
Distance Calculator - Calculate Distance Between Two Cities Places ...
2
Driving Calculator - Travelmath
--
Schizophrenia
What are the chances that a 33 year old
diagnosed with schizophrenia can have a normal life?
The
chances of a 33-year-old diagnosed with schizophrenia having a normal life
depend on various factors, including:
- Treatment
adherence and response
- Support
system (family, friends, therapy)
- Lifestyle
(diet, exercise, stress management)
- Symptom
severity and frequency
- Access
to healthcare and rehabilitation services
With
proper treatment, support, and self-management, many people with schizophrenia
can lead fulfilling lives, maintain relationships, work, and engage in
activities they enjoy. However, it's essential to work closely with healthcare
providers to develop a personalized treatment plan.
--
Here
are some key points about schizophrenia treatment and living a fulfilling life:
Treatment
Options
- Medications: Antipsychotics can help
manage symptoms like hallucinations and delusions.
- Therapy: Cognitive-behavioral
therapy (CBT), family therapy, and group therapy can be beneficial.
- Rehabilitation: Programs focusing on
social skills, vocational training, and independent living can help.
Living
a Fulfilling Life
- Support
network:
Building and maintaining relationships with family, friends, and support
groups is crucial.
- Self-management: Learning to recognize and
manage symptoms, as well as developing coping strategies, can help
individuals take control of their condition.
- Lifestyle
modifications:
Regular exercise, healthy diet, stress management, and adequate sleep can
help alleviate symptoms.
- Meaningful
activities:
Engaging in hobbies, creative pursuits, or volunteering can provide a
sense of purpose and fulfillment.
Resources
- Mental
health professionals:
Working with a psychiatrist, therapist, or counselor can provide ongoing
support and guidance.
- Support
groups:
Joining a support group can connect individuals with others who understand
their experiences.
- Online
resources:
Organizations like the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) and the
Schizophrenia and Related Disorders Alliance of America (SARDAA) offer
valuable information and support.
--
Living
with schizophrenia requires a comprehensive approach to manage symptoms,
maintain relationships, and find fulfillment. Here are some aspects to
consider:
Daily
Life
- Routine: Establishing a daily
routine can help manage symptoms and improve overall well-being.
- Self-care: Engaging in activities
that promote relaxation and stress reduction, such as meditation or yoga,
can be beneficial.
- Social
connections:
Building and maintaining relationships with supportive family and friends
is crucial.
Managing
Symptoms
- Medication
adherence:
Taking medication as prescribed can help manage symptoms.
- Coping
strategies:
Developing techniques to manage stress, anxiety, or hallucinations can be
helpful.
- Seeking
support:
Reaching out to mental health professionals or support groups when needed
can provide valuable guidance and encouragement.
Finding
Fulfillment
- Meaningful
activities:
Engaging in hobbies, creative pursuits, or volunteering can provide a
sense of purpose.
- Goal-setting: Setting realistic goals
and working towards them can help build confidence and motivation.
- Self-advocacy: Learning to communicate
needs and concerns effectively can help individuals with schizophrenia
navigate various systems and services.
Resources
and Support
- Mental
health professionals:
Regular check-ins with psychiatrists, therapists, or counselors can
provide ongoing support.
- Support
groups:
Joining a support group can connect individuals with others who understand
their experiences.
- Online
resources:
Organizations like NAMI and SARDAA offer valuable information, support,
and advocacy.
--
God’s Love.
I
learned something at Monday’s “Prayer and Life Workshop” that truly resonated
with my soul…
”
We need to allow ourselves to be loved by God.”
God needs no reason to leave us! He loves us
because He loves us…period!
Until
next time!
--Carlos
Michael

Comments
Post a Comment