CMO73: What's Next?

 


Wednesday
    
It is amazing how far I have come in the span of seven years (2017). That was the year that I heard the invitation (interiorly) to turn my gaze from sin (repentance) and back to Christ. Not as I was before 1996, but with an open mind, an open heart, and an open spirit. It wasn't enough just to be a "yes" by the book as I understood it (man), but to truly embrace a relationship with a God Who truly does love me--my sins and brokenness notwithstanding.

That, of course, was going to take faith, prayer, courage, determination, resolve, hope, trust, love, charity, mercy, forgiveness, understanding, patience, fortitude, and above all else -- cooperating with the grace of God not because I love Him, but because it was He who loved me first.

As a Roman Catholic, I returned to the Church on the heels of the sexual abuse scandal and the onset of the 100th Anniversary of the Fatima apparitions in Portugal. The Fatima apparition and the message contained therein means a great deal to me. That is because it was in that apparition that I truly came to know and love Mary, the beloved Mother of God for the first time.

I have loved her ever since.

Do I love her above Jesus? Obviously not. However, I do love her [with all my heart] just the same. Why not, she is the Mother of God. If Jesus can love His Mother as he does, all the more reason for me to love her as well.

Wednesday Afternoon

Today started out great -- and the day is still great, however, the rough bump in the late of the day caught me by surprise. Still, we must be flexible enough to expect hiccups on any given day, thank God for the opportunity to offer something up and learn from the situation and move on with a joyful spirit.

Navient (Federal Student Loan)

It would appear that my IBR--Income Based Repayment Plan ended in January. I need to contact the loan servicer and get the situation rectified. I most certainly do not want that hanging over my head. 

072524 Update

I failed to complete this entry, so I will end it here and write a new entry. What's next? That still remains to be seen.

Until next time ... 

Carlos Michael


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CMO 121: In The Fog But Not Lost.

CMO 112: Short Story: The Journal and the Esay: A short story about friendship, humility, and service.

CMO 103: "The Christmas Joshua Found Again"