Today is Friday, March 8, 2024
Hello Journal!
I watched an Easter movie -- at least I think it was an Easter movie -- about this couple who had known each other since they were children, fall in love, get married, get pregnant, miscarry, is diagnosed with cancer, and, well, you have to watch the movie yourself to see how it ends, that is, providing I can recall the name of the movie.
The point is, there is one line in the film when the narrator is talking about life when he says, "Life ... is about living!"
Period.
Point well taken. It is time for me to do that as well -- live life. Why not start--today!?
2468 FRIDAY
Last month (February), I began journaling for lack of a better word, more like scrapbooking a collection of this and that in order to keep a record not for the sake of pride and vanity, but more to do with humility and gratitude to God for a life well lived.
Something that I can leave behind for future generations chronicling a life lived from 1961 to whichever present day in accordance with God's schedule.
This will be a sort of handbook, yearbook, and almanac of my life comprising mostly photos, illustrations, images, etc. Anything that represents one aspect of who I was, how I lived, favorite things (in life), persons, activities, fashion favorites, foods, etc.
The journal part of my life, I will leave here on the blogger.com site, and if I can, in a hardcover book as well.
This will be my retirement project, similar to those who enjoy traveling or gardening or spending time with the grandchildren in their retirement years. I am a writer and visual artist. I like to paint life with images and words using the computer screen as my canvas.
While I intend to keep everything family friendly, there will be one hardcover publication that will cover all the non-family friendly topics or images that occurred over my life-journey experience, in my in mind or through my senses. However, I will not, out of respect for those Coffee Breakers, family members, friends, or strangers who are easily offended by such imagery or words not make it available to the general public. The main purpose of such a publication is to be transparent and honest about aspects of my life that are usually thought of as private or skeletons in the closet.
This is going to be quite the undertaking, but adventurous at the same time. I feel like a schoolboy again, who is preparing to complete a writing project that he hopes will please his teacher and secure a good grade.
I don't know if I will call it 2468 Friday, however, for the time being, let's just assume that is as it shall be.
NAUTICA JEANS
The Nautica jeans Mark ordered for me arrived Thursday evening. Are you ready for a shocker? I am wearing a pair as of this writing (7:39 AM). I must admit, they fit well and are quite comfortable. It will take some getting used to on my part being that I am partial to wearing dress slacks during the day as my office uniform as it were. However, being today is Friday, which is known as casual Friday at the work place, I thought, 'Why not wear the jeans today?' Besides, it will save me the trouble of hearing the old man ask incessantly when I intend to try on the new clothes so he can take pride in his purchase. Of course, my response is always the same and has been for almost twenty years, "I am not a runway model. I don't like to try new clothes on just to satiate your pride. When I am ready to wear it, you will know it." Too mean? Not sorry.
THE HOUSE
I expressed to Mark Thursday afternoon that I am ready to put the house up for sale and move to Stillwater. The house will be paid off on December 1, 2027. What I suggested is that we scale down our possessions, take the money from the sale of the house and pay off any debt that we can so long as it does not exceed an agreed to amount, put the rest in an interest earning checking or savings account, and rent an apartment or house (preferably a house) in Stillwater where we can live out the remainder of our lives. Doing so would mean one less thing he or I have to concern ourselves with respect to his children or mine. Mark agreed except that he recommended we wait until the house is paid off that way nothing will be owed on the house. That made sense to me. Of course, God's Will over our own. Just a thought.
THURSDAY 030724
Nothing noteworthy to report about Thursday with the exception that Mark and I went for a walk along the Riverwalk Thursday afternoon. I had planned to go alone, but then thought to myself, 'Why not invite the elderly one out for a stroll being that it was a beautiful day.' That was the highlight of the day. Well, that, and stopping at Arnold's Old Fashioned Hamburgers (Crystal City Shopping Center: 4253 Southwest Blvd., Tulsa, Oklahoma 74107). I cannot say that I was overly impressed with the location and service, but the food was decent. Not quite to the standard of In-N-Out Burger in California, but good. Here is a link to the menu: http://arnoldsoldfashionedhamburgers.com/index.php/our-menu
OSU EASTGATE
I had an appointment with Dr. Durfey on Monday (030424) at 2:20 PM. Here is the summary from that visit: You saw Anthony S Durfey, DO on Monday, March 4, 2024. The following issues were addressed: Primary hypertension; Fatigue, unspecified type; Cancer screening; and Annual physical exam.
Blood Pressure: 128/80
BMI: 33.52
Weight: 227 lbs. (with clothes on).
Height: 5'9"
Temperature: 97.9 F
Pulse: 80
Oxygen Saturation: 97%
Done Today:
Cologuard for Cancer screening.
Lipid Panel for Primary hypertension.
CMP for Primary hypertension.
TSH for Fatigue, unspecified type
CBC (CBC with Differential) for Primary hypertension
Lab results show that blood count, kidney, liver, blood sugar, electrolytes, and thyroid are in the normal range. However, my cholesterol is a little bit elevated at 207. Dr. Durfee has requested that I change my diet to include more fruits and vegetables and a decrease of fats and carbs, which I will do. He also wants to prescribe a cholesterol medication called Atorvastatin. I am waiting to hear back from Dr. Browning regarding a message I sent through the Portal this morning regarding the cholesterol medication.
The rest is up to me. I will comply and make the necessary changes. We got the cholesterol and weight down in 2022, we can do it again! One last note, thank the Father above that there were no signs of Diabetes which runs in the family. I would like to think all that exercise since 1985 has paid off.
GRATITUDE
I cannot make an entry, well, I can, however, I choose not to make an entry without first expressing my gratitude to the Holy Trinity (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit) for all my blessings. Yes, that includes all the challenges, especially those that aren't going my way, which they shouldn't because this life is about what God wants, not me! Gratitude and humility are essential to the soul striving for -- well, let's just say trying to do the right thing. Thank you, Father Creator.
DIET CHANGE
Based on recent lab results and Dr. Durfey's recommendation, I am going to cut back on fast food, fried food, carbs, and sugars. I will limit my take out to salads and fruit from QuikTrip, which on a whole are pretty good. Naturally, that means I will have to give my salad just a dusting or sprig of dressing or go with fat-free or reduced calorie dressings. That's okay. It will help me reach my weight goal, lower my cholesterol, trim the waistline, and live healthier.
PROGRAMS & SOFTWARE
Earlier in the week, I subscribed to use photo eraser. I use this program to remove objects or people from certain photos. To date, I have been pleased with the program. Here is the URL if you would like to give it a try: www.photoeraser.app
HOLY WEEK (March 24 - March 31)
It would seem that we are rounding the corner of the Lenten Season. Soon we will spend the holiest week on the Church calendar in preparation of the Lord's Crucifixion and Resurrection. I hope to spend the remaining time leading up to Palm Sunday (March 24th), in preparation for Holy Week and Divine Mercy Sunday which occurs the Sunday following Easter Sunday (April 7th).
DIVINE MERCY NOVENA (March 29-Apirl 6)
Don't forget to begin praying the Divine Mercy Novena on Good Friday (March 29th) to the Saturday (April 6th) before Divine Mercy Sunday (April 7th). You will find the novena by visiting the Coffee Break Catholic website at https://carlosmichael.wixsite.com/coffeebreakcatholic. Click the prayer tab followed by the Divine Mercy Link in the drop-down menu to access the novena. Also, for those of you interested, I plan to revise the Daily Rosary audio and per my sister's request, will add a Seven Sorrows Rosary audio to the site. I will let you know when that becomes available.
SKELETONS IN THE CLOSET
I have written before about skeletons in the closet. We all have a version of this character in our life closest with the exception of two people that I can think of. Having said that, the question left to ask is, "What does it mean when we say someone has skeletons in their closet?"
According to Google, "Skeletons in your closet" is an idiom that means someone has a secret or embarrassing fact about their past that they would prefer to remain undisclosed. If revealed, the fact could damage how people perceive the person.
Do I have skeletons in the closet? Yes, I do just as you do. Am I going to disclose those skeleton's here. Probably not, but you never know. On that note ...
Have a great weekend. Love God with all your everything and remember to be a great neighbor because "great" is better than "good."
Until next time ...



.jpg)

Comments
Post a Comment