CMO 69: Wednesday Ramblings

 


Reflection
I wonder if I talk too much? Perhaps I need to speak less and do more in the service of God through my neighbors. Allow my actions to speak for me.

Retirement Notice
I posted a notification on my Facebook page announcing that I intend to retire at the end of the year. This also includes the "Communications Coordinator" position at St. Thomas More. I hope to focus more on creating online shows on Social Media, traveling, and spending time with God, *neighbors, and myself. I look forward to visiting Anaheim, Disneyland with my family in 2024, and visiting the gravesite of my brother and parents.

*Neighbors also include family and friends.

Disney's Haunted Mansion
I have been listening to various YouTube videos about the origins and history of Disney's Haunted Mansion (and other attractions). In this regard I am grateful for technology and YouTube because I can listen to a recording of this attraction from start to finish. As I close my eyes, I picture myself with friends at the Magic Kingdom during the late 70s and early 80s experiencing this attraction together. I miss my friends. We always had a great time together.

Friends
Speaking of friends, how many friends can I remember (without looking at a yearbook) associating with during our years in school: Steven Granados, John Pantolone, Andrea Pace, Grace Prado, Diane Henderson, Greg Ellis, Scott Gilbert, Pamela Gilbert (not related to Scott), Christopher Haley, Albert Wilson, Kenneth Cordes, David Custance, Diana Cano, Molly Bannister, Sue Berry, Mark Redditt, Donald Alderson, Frank Mendoza, Michael Garcia, Connie Esquevil, Melissa Smallcanyon, Denice Adamack, Charlene Van Antwerp (Gilbert), Richard D'Amico, Phil Vasai, Jack Martin, Shelley O'Toole, Bill Murry, Elizabeth Braun, Linda Lambrecht, Amelia Casas, Terry Robinette, John Boots, Steve Grimes, LaVon Chambers, Diane Chambers, Nancy Ahrens, Steve Solomon, Jeffrey Telson, Tom Duymich, Kaye Wilson, Sharon, and Cheryl Jackson, John and Dale (Orangewood Elementary), Paul and Kevin (Edgewood High School), Dale and Debra Jockish. I admit that I could not remember all of them without visiting my classmates.com website. It was great looking through the 1980 yearbook. I also took the opportunity to update my profile as well.

2023 Good Neighbor Gala
Thanks to "grace," our two generous benefactors, and the Gala Committee, I am happy to share that the preparation phase of the gala is moving along nicely. The awards and decorations have been ordered. Guests are registering their RSVP. Invitations and gala tickets have been mailed. It is all coming together (praise God) and I am truly grateful. I downloaded several music selections that I hope to use in the pre-award video that I am working on.

Fruit of the Loom Ad
I am not certain why I am mentioning this, but, I received an email advertisement this morning from Fruit of the Loom and thought to myself, "Since switching back to wearing Fruit of the Loom underwear, I have been pleased with them, especially the waistband. While it is true that the briefs are not as soft as the JCPenney Stafford briefs, they are (for me) the workhorse of men's underwear. I am pleased with their performance, comfort, functionality, and look."


I miss having that wallpaper behind me when recording the show (see above photo). Actually, it isn't wallpaper but an outdoor cover for a patio table. I found it at Walmart but have not been able to find anything like it since that time. And since an unnamed person is using what was supposed to be my new wallpaper, I will find something to replace this wallpaper (smile) so I can build out a new set for the studio.

I guess that's it for today. I have other obligations to attend to. Until next time ...




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CMO 121: In The Fog But Not Lost.

CMO 112: Short Story: The Journal and the Esay: A short story about friendship, humility, and service.

CMO 103: "The Christmas Joshua Found Again"