CMO 68:

 


Hello, Friend! Thank you for stopping by. Let's open today's journal entry with the latest entry by older Carlos to younger Carlos as part of an ongoing book titled, "Dear Carlos ... From Carlos!"
--
Saturday, Aug. 12, 2023
Dear Carlos: I hope this entry finds "us" doing well. I realize you have not yet met her yet, but you will be grateful to know that God has blessed "us" with a friendship with a beautiful woman of faith whom I like to call, 'Ms. Irma.' We both attend St. Thomas More Catholic Church in Tulsa. That reminds me, I will have to share my STM experiences with you in a later entry about how I resisted the Holy Spirit's invitation to join the St. Thomas More community. 

Ms. Irma has been a prominent member of the Catholic community for many years. She has a saintly disposition and a smile that lights up the world. She is well-connected with many amazing folks in both the Catholic and secular communities. She is a force to reckon with where the Hispanic community and issues related to immigration and quality of living are concerned. She was involved for many years with Catholic Charities. She also taught Spanish to several priests and lay faithful. I pray she will teach "us" as well. 

Note: Sign up for Spanish classes when you get to Edgewood and see it through. If you do, that will not be an issue for us in the future. In fact, we will get more done as a result of speaking Spanish. Wow, there is so much that I wish I could share with you right now but will have to do that over time.

I say "us" because what affects you affects me and vice-versa. I still cannot wrap around in my mind how it is that we are communicating with each other through this journal. I don't know how much longer this mystery of the pen and pages will continue, but I am enjoying the back-and-forth dialogue.

Getting back to Norma ... she sent a text yesterday asking me to pray for her. She had to go to the emergency because of dizziness and other complications. She also wanted to let me know that it wasn't necessary for me to go to the COHO (Coalition of Hispanic Organizations) meeting. It is my understanding that they were supposed to move forward with voting for my approval or disapproval to serve on the board. It is a two-year privilege and commitment. This would be a wonderful opportunity for "us" to get involved with and assist the Hispanic community which means something to "us" now, versus where you are today in how you feel toward the community now.

We need to talk about that sometime!

I did not read Norma's text until this morning. She informed me that she is doing better, no blood clots were detected (praise God), and she is experiencing less dizziness. She also let me know that she requested that the board move forward with my application to join the board. She is happy to report that "we" have been approved to join the board of COHO. That is so exciting. I responded to her text praising God for her health and thanking her for playing a role in making it possible for "us" to serve on a board. I cannot stop thanking God for all the wonderful that have occurred in "our" life since 2017.

More to follow ...
--

2023 AWARDS GALA

Progress is being made where the gala is concerned. I must confess to my ignorance (for lack of a better word) on what to say when people ask, "What is this Gala about? Why these awards!?"

I clearly understand what Moses meant when he questioned the Lord about why He was sending him (Moses) to be the deliverer when it was clearly evident that he was by no means an eloquent speaker.

And what did the Lord say in response:

Moses, however, said to the Lord, "If you please, my Lord, I have never been eloquent, neither in the past nor now that you have spoken to your servant; but I am slow of speech and tongue." The Lord said to him: "Who gives one person speech? Who makes another mute or deaf, seeing or blind? Is it not I, the Lord? Now go, I will assist you in speaking and teach you what you are to say."

Exodus 4:10-12

It isn't my place to concern myself with how I will answer these questions. I absolutely believe the inspiration for this event came from the Holy Spirit and it is He who will place the right words in my mouth to the satisfaction of he, she, or they who are asking the questions.

They can also visit the website to learn more about the who, what, when, where, why, and how of these awards.

"Neighbors!" ... like or dislike them, you gotta love them. The point of these awards is to plant subtle seeds of faith (a listening ear, hug, smile, etc.) while developing true non-judgmental relationships with our neighbors on the prayer that those who are fence-sitting, marginalized, or fallen away, will in time, through the blessing of the friendship find their way back to God.

That was my personal experience. A friendship with several Protestant Christians at work led to my eventual return to God and the Catholic Church. If can happen to me, it can happen to anyone. Credit to the many prayers that were being offered as well.

What is meant to be, will be, and I believe these awards are meant to be for a reason known only to the Father Creator. That is enough for me. He gives me my assignment, sends me into the vineyard, provides the means and resources, and I believe with all my heart that what He wills, will get done.

Great news! I purchased my tuxedo jacket and pants today for the Gala. I am so excited. I pray that God is pleased with our efforts and will bless the event which we offer for His glory. Amen.

--

I had more I wanted to write, however, due to interruptions throughout the writing process, I will have to speak to those items in my next entry.

Always in God's love,




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CMO 121: In The Fog But Not Lost.

CMO 103: "The Christmas Joshua Found Again"

CMO 112: Short Story: The Journal and the Esay: A short story about friendship, humility, and service.