CMO 67: If You're Gone
Dear Journal:
NOTE: Originally, this was supposed to post on June 10, 2023. I guess I am running a bit behind (smile).
I watched an interesting movie this afternoon titled, If You're Gone: It Only Took A Moment For You To Disappear (2019). Here is a summary of the film according to IMDb: When high school senior Brad Lee disappears the night of his graduation ceremony, his girlfriend is forced to question everything she thought she knew about him and their relationship, as well as her own faith, in hopes of finding him.
This was a good movie. It really drew me in. I wasn't expecting to learn what I learned as the movie began to conclude. I could see something like this happening in real life. I remember thinking to myself as I watched this movie, "I wish I could write something like that." When I shared that thought with Mark he said, "Why can't you!"
Touche!
--
Below is a brief excerpt from a new story I am working on titled, "Dear Carlos...From Carlos." It is the story of my older self speaking with my younger self through the pages of a diary. How this occurred cannot be explained and sometimes that is okay. This is a difficult story to write. I don't know if I will ever get it finished, but it is a start.
It was Friday morning when I began writing this entry. It is now Saturday morning. I have yet to get fully dressed, but at least I have showered and am ready to greet the blessing of this new day in the love and mercy that is the Lord's. How I love Him so.
I have been thinking about all the things I would like to tell you that you have not yet experienced, but how do I do that without altering the present? It is strange knowing that you are me and I am you.
You have yet to know what I already know.
You asked about Mom. All I can tell you is that she has passed on. Dad and Brother Big as well. I won't tell you when they passed except to say that they went peacefully in the presence of the family. You can take comfort in that.
--
I reorganized the office/studio area on Friday. Maybe that is part of the reason I am physically tired, the age factor notwithstanding. How do I feel about the new arrangement? To be honest, I liked the position I had my desk in previously, but, this arrangement does seem to work well for the camera, although I said I would produce the show as a podcast rather than a video blog. I noticed in Friday's test video that the audio did not sound as well as it did when I was podcasting, but that is okay. I am certain that matter will work itself out.
Speaking of the test video, Mark and Gary, judging from their comments, seemed pleased with the new background setup. Gary said the lighting looked good but did not mention the audio. Maybe that is a good thing? Who knows. It doesn't matter. What matters is that they liked what they saw.
It may be a good idea to podcast the Monday through Friday shows and appear on camera for the Saturday show. Maybe that will be a good way to differentiate the two: CarlosMichael360 as a podcast, and Coffee Break with Carlos Michael as a video blog. Yes! That will work. Awesome. Glory to God!
I can limit the weekday show to the four themes: motivating, educating, empowering, and entertaining, and the Saturday Flagship show to what is new to me. After all, we are at the best virtual coffee shop in America and it is my turn to share with my friends how my week has been.
I love it!
--
For two days we have attempted to watch movies on Tubi.com on the television set in the living room. It has been difficult to do with the buffering that has occurred on two occasions. However, Tubi does seem to work okay when watching from the computer. To date, I have enjoyed the three faith-based movies we have watched, buffering notwithstanding.
--
Life truly is a beautiful gift and something that we must always respect and cherish. I cannot understand why anyone who IS living would feel otherwise. That is why I don't understand abortion or those who advocate abortion. They say that the woman has the right to do what she pleases with her body? I believe I understand that point but does that make abortion right? Is that true for men and children as well? Do they have the right to do whatever they want to do with their own bodies as long as they are not hurting another?
If the answer is "no" then how can one say and truly believe that abortion is not murder; the taking of a life? It has been documented that life begins at conception. Are we not then taking the life of another each time those medical instruments of death are used?
God did not gift us with sexual organs just for the sake of pleasure. He gifted those miraculous parts of our bodies to us so that when brought as God intended, a new life is produced and brought into the world.
Humanity lives on. What a beautiful gift that is.
What if from this point forward almost everyone in this country with the exception of those who believe otherwise were to stop having babies? What do you think would happen over the course of a generation or two? Then again, maybe that is what some of our neighbors want. I don't know.
It just hurts my heart to know that one life is considered to have little to no value over another.
Adios!

Comments
Post a Comment