CMO 65: Miscellaneous Thoughts

 


I was going to post a video today when it occurred to me, "Why go through the trouble and frustration of producing a video when you can just post to the blog?"

So, here we go...

1 My external drive died this morning. Everything important, including show graphics, intros, and other nonsense was on that drive. Time to start from scratch. No worries. I decided not to let this affect my spirit.

2 I watched a video post from Fr. Chris Alar, a Marian priest who promotes the Divine Mercy from the national shrine located in Stockbridge, Massachusettes. He was discussing how to remain in contact with them should they be canceled. I thought to myself, "Canceled!? That's insane. Is this not still the United States of America!?" God is good. I choose to pray and trust in Him. He knows what He is doing. His will be done.

3  I moved the computer to the dining room Thursday afternoon. I even broadcasted Thursday's show from that location. I thought it would provide a modicum of privacy and perhaps a better recording location. However, that turned out not to be the case, so, I am back in the living room. I am praying for a real studio but remain extremely grateful for my current blessings. Besides, what good does it do to complain, get frustrated, become angry, etc? Not a single thing. So, be joyful, grateful, and appreciative.

4 No "new" news on my health other than I am feeling good. I am urinating regularly with a good solid flow (my apologies for the TMI), with no return of the UTI. I am currently taking Finasteride (5MG) for a sixth-month period. This is supposed to help shrink the bladder and is hopefully the alternative to surgery. Time will tell.

5 I am not satisfied where I am with respect to my weight and eating habits and am doing something about it, praise God. I plan to bring the recumbent bicycle and treadmill from the garage and get them assembled so they can be utilized. Not so much by me, but by the others. If all I am using at the gym is the treadmill and only going a couple of days a week, it may be more cost-effective to cancel the gym membership and work out at home. Something to consider.

6 I am going to see if I can get my neighbor to stop by on Saturday to fix the toilet. It has been dysfunctional for longer than it should have been. Maybe he can do a few other jobs around the house as well at less the cost of what it would cost to hire a professional. I will check with Randy (the neighbor) and Bro. G (the financier), LOL.

7 I stopped at Home Depot Thursday afternoon and purchased two (2) 28" oscillating tower fans with 3-speed options for customized airflow. It was cheaper than buying one (1) standing oscillating fan at $99. Egads! The Lord was kind enough to bless us with a secondary fan through Bro. G from Walmart for about $50. The oscillating fans I purchased were $29. each. Great buy.

8 I can't believe the amount of emails I receive daily that I have to delete, unsubscribe from, or block. OMGoodness. While I certainly appreciate the convenience of quick communication with my neighbors across the country due to the available technology, I wish there was a better way to manage it all. Serves me right for being ignorant of that technology before using it. For instance, keep your "footprint" brief (e.g., low profile), don't oversubscribe, and ... ah heck. What's done is done! (smile).

9 For my brother/sister Roman Catholic Coffee Breakers! Today is "Day 7" of the Divine Mercy Novena, and "Day 5" of the Fatima Consecration.

10 I plan to do what I have been putting off for quite some time and that is to gather all my personal material possessions, keep only what I need and donate or toss the rest. It's time to open up the house and let the sunshine in, figuratively speaking, of course.

I guess that's it for today. I want to wish all of you a happy Friday. Remember to love God with all your mind, heart, body, and soul. Be a GREAT neighbor and when you see a need and can help fill that need, why not fill it just because it is the right thing to do. If nothing else, say a prayer for those neighbors most in need. I will be back on the airwaves soon. 

Let's close with a prayer for those who may pass today: Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord and let perpetual light shine upon them. May the souls of all the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen.

Adios!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CMO 121: In The Fog But Not Lost.

CMO 112: Short Story: The Journal and the Esay: A short story about friendship, humility, and service.

CMO 103: "The Christmas Joshua Found Again"