CMO 62: More Random Thoughts

 


Tuesday, Dec. 6, 2022

I keep hoping as I listen to the Christmas music playing in the background that I will open my eyes (after closing them) and be in the place I used to imagine when I was a boy. I had a box I used to retreat to whenever I felt as I do this morning -- uptight, anxious, and frustrated.

But we all know as adults that we are not supposed to use our imagination in the way we did as children and because we no longer are children we must think and reason and act as adults.

Ugh!

Besides, why would I want to return to what was not the greatest, and yet, not the worst childhood? I mean, seriously. Do I really want to go back to that? No, I guess not.

Okay, Carlos, besides your "junk" what is caught in your unmentionables!?

He takes a deep breath and sighs a bit...

A lot but what good does it do me to discuss what will not change? Besides, I don't want to have my accusers telling me later that I am feeling sorry for myself, or that I have to chin up and take one for the Gipper and all that nonsense.

I suppose I will keep the details between me and God if that is okay with whoever may be reading this ridiculous entry.

He takes another deep breath and exhales. This time he does not sigh...

Here is a random thought. I want to delete my Facebook account. The question is, do I want to do that because I am feeling emotional at the moment, or is it time to remove some of the footprints I have on Social Media? The question is, "Is MY Facebook account serving a greater good? Is it truly serving God and neighbor?"

I am not certain I can answer that question.

Another option is to lay low and post little to nothing and see how many people miss your posts. Naw! That's being selfish, self-centered, and narcissistic. I am making this about me because I am throwing a proverbial temper tantrum.

"What is this?" he asks boldly. "A temper tantrum? Now we are getting somewhere. Go on..."

I said I am not going to discuss what is on my heart because doing so will give the accuser something to work with. Besides, I don't want to call any one person out in particular. It's not like I am the victim here. We can all be a-holes at one time or another. I suppose the correct way to have phrased that would be to say, "We can all be uncharitable..."

"What the ?...why am I having a conversation with myself?" Someone better call the funny truck and have me picked up for looney ramblings, LOL.

Actually, this is helping me. I am letting pinpricks of my frustration out without necessarily saying a whole lot or being an accuser myself. That's good.

He then bows his head and says a prayer...

8:30 AM - Gary just left for Nebraska. He will return Saturday evening. Who is Gary? I refer to him as "brother" or "Brother G." We have been friends since 2007 or longer. This is his third time living with us. He is originally from Nebraska. He moved here from northern California where he was a roommate with two other guys--one of whom passed away not long after moving here this year. His name is Bobby. May he rest in peace. Gary works as a Compliance Officer with a bank and is a good friend and brother in Christ.

I am printing 50 books requested for a project coming up at my local parish. I might as well be a personal assistant considering all the projects requested of me as opposed to the Communications Coordinator. Lord knows I am not communicating anything. Perhaps it is time to submit my resignation and go back to being Mr. Belvedere/Social Media Content Creator.

"My goodness, someone is in a mood!" he says to himself.

Yeah, I guess I am. I better tottle over to Office Depot and pick up some more covers for this project. In the future, I will keep my mouth shut. Does that mean I am not submitting my resignation? I haven't decided yet. I'll let you know later.

He leaves for Office Depot...






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CMO 121: In The Fog But Not Lost.

CMO 112: Short Story: The Journal and the Esay: A short story about friendship, humility, and service.

CMO 103: "The Christmas Joshua Found Again"