CMO 61: Random Musings

 


Hello friend:

I greet you in the peace of Jesus Christ. Welcome. "Let's Coffee Break!"

Medical Update:
Today is day four of 28 taking Ciprofloxacin, 500 MG for my Urinary Tract Infection. I am waiting for a referral from my primary physician to see a Urologist. What we don't go through as we age. That's okay. I remain grateful. Besides feeling tired, I feel better than I did last Thursday when I went to the ER (St. John's, Broken Arrow). I know I didn't appear sick according to the ER doctor, but I felt sick. I apologized for my non-emergency, however, I was doing as my primary physician recommended if the UTI returned--"Go to the ER for evaluation." It did and I did. I am glad I did because at least now I know what is going on and the infection can be treated. Praise God.

Oklahoma State
According to an email Mark sent me, the OSU Cowboys are traveling to the Guaranteed Rate Bowl in Phoenix, Arizona to play the Wisconsin Badgers (Big 10). This will be the first meeting between both universities. The game is scheduled for Tuesday, December 27, 2022. That date is four years to the day when my mother passed away. One day before my 61st birthday. Go Pokes!

61st Birthday
Speaking of birthdays, I praise God for the blessing of reaching my 61st birthday. When I celebrated my 60th birthday one year ago, had you told me all that occurred during this year would occur I probably would not have believed it. I will have to assemble a yearbook using my daily posts to look back on this year. It might make for an interesting read. Then again, not!

Thor: Love and Thunder
Sunday afternoon, I wasn't feeling my best. I decided to push myself away from the computer and watch a movie (Disney Plus) on television. I decided to watch Thor: Love and Thunder again. I have really enjoyed all the Marvel superhero movies. Of course, not long after the movie began I dosed off. Typical! When I woke up from one of my head-bobbing, neck exercise moments, I noticed that my youngest son (Joshua) was sitting on the floor (Native American style) like he used to do when he was a boy watching the movie with me. That moment was so special for me that I had to do everything I could to stay awake. My son made that moment very special and I pray for many more of those days.

First Saturday Devotion
I need to continue to move forward in promoting the First Saturday Devotion on a singular and family level at home

Prayer
This year prayer will be my focus. Pray. Pray. Pray. I have hope and trust in my beautiful God. Now I need to focus on what He likes most--hearing from us in prayer.

Family
My hope is that I will be able to visit my siblings annually at the same time each month, perhaps six weeks at a time before we become too old to enjoy such visits. I especially miss my sisters.

Service Type Business
I don't expect that it will ever happen but what I wouldn't give to have the opportunity to open a mom-and-pop B&B (Bed and Breakfast) or coffee shop/book shop. Just thinking about it puts a Christmas smile on my face. I can picture it in my mind. It would be a daily grind but a grind I would enjoy daily. Nothing fancy. Just that hometown charm and feel that I enjoyed back in the day. I have always enjoyed loving and serving others.

Answering the question
Someone asked me the other day, "Carlos, what are some of the things in this life that make you smile; that just makes you genuinely happy?" I prefer being grateful to being happy, but being happy is good. Let's see...
  • Loving God.
  • Loving and helping my neighbors in need.
  • Serving others.
  • Praying before the Blessed Sacrament.
  • Praying for my neighbors.
  • Praying the Rosary.
  • Praying for the Church.
  • Receiving the Sacrament of Reconciliation.
  • Visiting college towns.
  • Cross-country drives.
  • Enjoying dinner and a drink with friends.
  • Vintage advertising.
  • V-Neck sweaters during the winter.
  • Cardigan sweaters.
  • Wearing a tuxedo.
  • Wearing a tie and sport coat.
  • A crisp white dress shirt.
  • New underwear, classic style (briefs).
  • A white Christmas.
  • Hanging out with family and friends.
  • Hanging out with friends or alone at a mom-and-pop bookstore.
  • Small towns.
  • October, November, and December.
  • Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.
  • Spending time in a brick-and-mortar library/bookstore.
  • Going to the cinema (although it isn't what it used to be).
  • Community playhouses and acting. I love stage acting.
  • Ties and bowties.
  • Dressing preppy casual.
  • Dressing up in a mascot costume and walking in a parade making the children smile.
  • Walking outside between Spring and early Fall in my Rugby shorts.
  • White slacks, underwear, t-shirts, and dress shirts. I like white.
  • Italian and seafood. Those are my favorites.
  • "Leave It To Beaver" reruns and other old 50 television programs and movies.
  • Painting on various forms of tapestries (e.g., rocks, aprons, etc).
  • Doodling
  • iPhone photography.
  • Writing short stories.
  • Listening to people share their stories.
  • Blogging, podcasting, and video blogging.
  • Going pantless (at home) every chance I get. Don't judge me. It's how I relax.
Well, these are my thoughts for today. I am certain I can think of more but I will cover those thoughts in my next post. Remember to love God with all your everything and your neighbors as yourself. If you see a need, and you can, fill that need. If you catch me dosing in front of the television set, just leave me there. I will wake up soon. Until next time...




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CMO 121: In The Fog But Not Lost.

CMO 112: Short Story: The Journal and the Esay: A short story about friendship, humility, and service.

CMO 103: "The Christmas Joshua Found Again"