CMO 60: BOOMERS!
Hello friend,
Recently I saw two posts on Facebook. The first was posted on October 21st; the second on the morning of October 24th. Below is the Oct. 21st post:
I believe the first part of the first post is a challenge to my belief in God and the teachings of the Catholic Church. Bear in mind this is just my opinion and despite the contrary, I am NOT always right. I would be a liar if I believed that to be true of myself. Most of what I believe relative to God I accept on faith. Meaning: I don't need to see God to know that He is God. Can I prove God exists? No, I cannot. Can you prove He doesn't exist?
As to the second statement, "Intelligence isn't knowing everything, it's the ability to challenge everything you know." I agree that nothing should be taken at face value. There are two sides...yadda, yadda, yadda! But not everything can be challenged because some truths are based on faith or just are. For instance, can we challenge that air is not air and that what we are breathing isn't air because we cannot see it therefore it isn't?
I suppose this leads to two questions:
1) Is the purpose of the challenge to prove that "your" truth trumps my truth and can you support that truth with statistics, facts, testimony, experience, etc?
2) What good is "challenging" when doing so doesn't improve your disposition, attitude, or situation?
The post on October 24th is pretty much cut and dry (see below).
My response to this quote is, firstly, "means" should be singular, not plural. Secondly, it is because I am older that I know I AM NOT always right." If the opposite were true my life would have turned out completely different than it has. It has not. That's okay. Life moves on and so will I.
This post was originally intended to post on October 26, 2022. I will conclude this post as originally intended and start a new post.
Have a great today.
Carlos Michael


Comments
Post a Comment