CMO 52: Random Thoughts
Just sharing some random thoughts.
Cold Toes
I was watching television Saturday evening when my toes got cold.
Just the toes. The thought occurred to me, "I hope I am not
experiencing poor circulation or diabetes." I have an
appointment scheduled with my doctor on the 27th. I will discuss it with him
at that time.
Weight Loss
My last weigh in was Nov. 15,
2021. I weighed 227.6 lbs. I gained 3 pounds from my previous weigh in on
Sept. 19, 2021. I weighed 224.6 lbs. I won't weigh in again until the
27th when I see my doctor. I most likely will have gained weight. I need to
get my weight under control. It isn't good for my health. I will discuss it
with the doctor. I need to
cut back on carbs and sugar.
Movies
To date I have watched Alone,
Spider Man: Far from Home, Poltergeist I and II, Black Widow, Shang-Chi: Legend of the Ten Rings, Capt. America: Civil War and
some assorted Hallmark and Lifetime Christmas
films over the last couple of months. The movie I would like to see next
is The Eternals. All the movies were watched at home.
Employment
In mid-to-late December, I applied for an HR Business Partner position with Triple AAA. A sign on the door of their building said they were hiring. I went to the website, came across HR Business Partner position and submitted my resume. I felt good about my chances. Yes, I know, 'Don't trust your feelings.'
I received a response the following day via email. They were interested. I figured I would not hear from anyone until after the Christmas and New Year holidays has concluded.
Sat. Jan. 8, 2022: Still no word from AAA. I decided to check the job portal to see if there was any status change. There was. My status was changed from under review to not selected.
Bummer. God's will be done. Moving on.
Family
I was
blessed with a visit from my son Michael on Christmas Day. I also spent
Christmas evening with Mark’s family. Jennifer and Amy had a Christmas meal
delivered to the house on Christmas Eve. What a beautiful gift that was. I also received flowers
and muffins from Amy on my birthday. I had a nice conversation with my son Joshua
in late December. I heard from my daughter Kristina on Sat. Jan. 8th.
I received an email from Amy earlier in the week. That’s always a treat. I
heard from my Godson Alex, Goddaughter Geanine, nieces and cousins and my
sisters on Facebook. Our visits aren’t like they were back in the day; however,
I am always happy to hear from them even if only as a response to a Facebook
post.
60th
Birthday
I
turned 60 on the 28th of December. I don’t want to make a big deal
about it because I am not the only one who turned sixty. I admit that I am a
bit frightened at turning this age only because I am one step closer to having
one foot in the grave and biting the big enchilada. That part I am okay with
because death is part of life which actually isn’t dying. It’s more like being
reborn into eternal life. It’s just what happens before and afterward that
gives me the spooks. Well, sort of. Will it be instant, lingering, or painful?
I pray I will go out like my brother and parents did. Wait, what am I worried
about? Jesus said to trust in Him, so, I am going to trust in Him. Period. End
of story.
Coffee
Break
The
last episode I posted was Jan. 4, 2022. To date it has had four views on
YouTube, eight views on Facebook. I am probably going to be like those artists
whose work didn’t become noticed or of value until after they died (smile).
That’s okay, it isn’t about me anyway.
St.
Thomas More
The two
new priests, Fr. Leo, and Fr. Gabriel have been a great addition to the parish.
Fr. Leo seems to be especially interested with reviving the English-speaking
community. I enjoyed having coffee with members of
the church family after Mass. I met a new couple. The husbands name is Jeff;
however, I have already forgotten his wife’s name. I will have to ask her to
forgive me as I ask her name again the next time I see them. Praise Report: Jim tested
negative for COVID.
Novelty
Unmentionables
I imagine this may be TMI for some of you. Please allow me to apologize in advance. The new novelty unmentionables that were ordered from e-Bay are scheduled to arrive soon. They are seasonal which means I can only wear them October through January. Question: “Why purchase happy face unmentionables when nobody will see the happy face?” (laughing at myself as I ask the question.) It is enough for me to know that I am sporting happiness all over and down under.
Tables
I want
to thank Bro. G (Gary) for the four tables he ordered. They arrived Saturday
and will come in handy in the days ahead. ‘Thank you, Bro. G! You’re the best.’
Catch
you next time. God Bless.
I enjoy/always enjoy reading your blog......God Bless You, CM.....xoxo
ReplyDelete