CMO 49: Fr. Ismael Comayagua

 Hello, Journal:

What a beautiful Sunday morning today turned out to be. I worshipped God with my Church family. I received the Lord spiritually. We had a guest priest, Rev. James Van Nguyen, Chaplain of Catholic Charities of Eastern Oklahoma. He celebrated Mass in place of Fr. Ken Harder. At the conclusion of Mass, we heard Fr. Ismael Comayagua, Associate Pastor of St. Thomas More, who was ordained July 12, 2008 give his farewell speech.

As of today, Fr. Ismael is leaving St. Thomas More. He will fly to Virginia to be with family for the holiday before returning to El Salvador, his country of origin where he will complete his immigration status. Upon his return, according to Fr. Ismael, he will not be assigned to St. Thomas.

No matter where he goes we will love and pray for him.

A special farewell breakfast was held in his honor following Mass. I was able to hug him twice and posed in a group photo sandwiched between Fr. Ismael and Fr. Briones, pastor of St. Thomas More. I was privileged to sit with Tessa, Rose, and Joni for breakfast. Three church family members whom I love dearly.

Special note: On my way out of the building, of all people to run into, I ran into Ignacio. It was a real treat to see him. He has been gone for a while from the parish. He has been missed, at least by me. May God continue to bless him.

St. Thomas More is truly a special parish. They're not rich. They're not fancy. They're not located in the best part of town. However, they are one beautiful parish family that puts Christ and neighbor at the front of its mission. It's a parish rich in love and I like that.

God Bless and always in His love.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CMO 121: In The Fog But Not Lost.

CMO 112: Short Story: The Journal and the Esay: A short story about friendship, humility, and service.

CMO 103: "The Christmas Joshua Found Again"